- HPRWA SCORE -2
- HAWAIIAN NAME none
- FAMILY Bignoniaceae
- PLANT TYPE Flowering shade tree
- Native or Non-Native? Non-native (Brazil)
- WATER Low once established in the ground. Does best if watered regularly for the first five years.
- SUN EXPOSURE Full
purple trumpet tree (Tabebuia impetiginosa)
Spreading canopy flowering tree with flower clusters ranging from white to light pink to purple
- Park tree, schools, Excellent size and toughness for school gardens,
- Color accent
- Xeriscape gardens, street tree
- One planted at Central intermediate school along Vineyard Boulevard always brings out the question: What is that GORGEOUS small tree. It is only about 15’ but becomes full of purple flowers.
- Seeds do not naturalize. They must be planted and nurtured.