High Risk Traits:
- Grows, and could spread, in regions with tropical climates.
- Other species may be weedy and invasive.
- Mildly toxic to animals and people if ingested.
- Shade-tolerant, although can grow in full sun.
- A bulb-forming geophyte; may allow plants to persist unless uprooted.
- Propagated, and could potentially spread, by vegetative offsets.
- Tolerates and can grow back after cutting and pruning.
Low Risk Traits:
- No confirmed reports of naturalization or invasiveness
- Unarmed (no spines, thorns, or burrs)
- A putative sterile hybrid that does not produce seeds.
- Lack of seed productions limits the potential for inadvertent, or long-distance dispersal.